Printable sermon notes not are available this week.
MARRIAGE PROBLEMS OFTEN DRIVE PEOPLE TO:
- Seek counsel from someone who confirms their view.
- Form an opinion first and then look to the Bible to support that view.
- Just ignore the Bible altogether.
3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. - 2 Timothy 4:3 NIV
4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” - Matthew 19:4-6 NIV
1) Marriage is a covenant, not a contract.
2) Healthy marriages occur by choice, not by chance.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NIV
3) True love isn’t a matter of selfishness, but:
- Availability - Awareness - Assistance
- Appreciation - Affection - Assurance